Monday, January 13, 2014

3rd Marking Period

                                                                      21A: 2D Shapes
For this assignment, I used Google SketchUp. I first adjusted the camera to a front view and used the pencil to make a line. I made a square measuring 3' each. I also used the pencil to make a triangle with sides 3' each. I then used the circle tool to make a circle with radius 3'.



*************************************************************************************
                                                                    21B: 3D Shapes
For this assignment I used the shapes from 21A. I set the camera to the side of the shapes. I used the push and pull tool and pull the shapes outwards to make a depth to the shape. I was able to make a 3D object.


*************************************************************************************
                                                                21C: My Name in 3D
I first made a 3D rectangle and cut out pieces of the rectangle with the pencil for my letters. I then used the push and pull tool and pushed in the rectangle to delete the excess shapes. I was able to do this for the M, E, and A. For letters R and J, I used an arc tool to make the curves of the letter. I used the push and pull tool again to take out the excess shapes.

*************************************************************************************
                                                                       22: Blocks

1: 8'x5'x5'

2: 8'x5'x5'

3: 9'x4'x6'

4: 7'x6'x4'

5: 8'x5'x5'

6: 8'x5'x6'

7: 8'x5'x6'

8: 9'x5'x6'

9: 9'x4'x6'

10: 11'x3'x6'

11: 8'x5'x6'

12: 9'x4'x6'


For each of these blocks, I first made a rectangular prism using the noted dimensions. I transferred the measurements of the block onto Google SketchUp. I used the pencil tool, the push and pull tool, and the measurement tool. When I made the rectangular prism, I would use the push and pull tool to make a shape according to the block measurements. From this assignment, I learned how to use these tools and imitate a 3D object onto Google SketchUp using my procedures of my own accord. Rather then following steps from a website, I had to make the blocks on my own while thinking through a 3D aspect.

************************************************************************************
                                                              23: Gingerbread House
For this assignment, I used Google SketchUp to almost imitate a gingerbread house I found in the internet.  I first made a rectangular prism with dimensions 24'x10'x14'. I used the push and pull tool to make a form of the house with a triangular top. I pushed out the triangle and made a form on an attic. I made the windows of the house by making a square and pushing in 2" using the push and pull tool. The red candy bars were made using the pencil tool and i used the push and pull tool. Also, I made the circular window by using a the circle pencil tool and used the same method when I made the rectangular windows. I added the gumdrops, downloading them from Google warehouse and resizing and rotating them aligned with the house. From this assignment, I learned how to make a 3D object from scratch from a given picture. I transferred a 2D model to a 3D model.


************************************************************************************
                                                       24: 3D view of the Gingerbread House
For this assignment, I used Adobe Photoshop to modify the 3D of my gingerbread house. I made my gingerbread house my background and made a foreground too. The foreground will be formed into 3D and the background will be made into 2D. I duplicated the foreground and named the layer 'red'. I but the red layer in front of all the other layers. I went into advanced blending options and customized the setting according to the instruction said in the 3D Art Tutorial. These options was able to make a 3D of the gingerbread house.


************************************************************************************
                                                                25: Glowing Button
For this assignment, I made a glowing power button gif using Adobe Photoshop. I started by making a canvas size of 800x600. I used the ellipse tool to make a circle.  I modified the blending options according to website's instructions (http://www.photoshop-plus.co.uk). I used the free transform tool and made a smaller circle and formed a concentric circle. I cleared the layer styles and made a new layer style using the what the instructions said about the blending options. I then added a aluminum effect using the filter options. I added a power button and modified the blending option to make a still glow. I used the color blue. I copied everything and made a group called 'glow group'. I opened the animation window and converted it to frame animation. There will be two frames where one is not glowing and one is glowing. I selected tween and followed the instructions with the tween settings. Now we have 7 layers and reversed the frames. I selected all 14 frames and right clicked and clicked delay. From this assignment, I learned how to make an animation.
*********************************************************************************
What is a gif?
Graphics Interchange Format. A gif is a compressed image file format where it supports colors and various resolutions. Gifs are used to store digital color images and short animations.


How does animation work?
An animation is when  an object is moved in small intervals linking individually photographed frames. This exhibits an illusion of movement when the sequence of frames is played in a continuous manner. Animation gather a plethora of photographed frames consecutively related to each other. When the frames are moved together through a link it creates motion.
*********************************************************************************
***
                                                                26: Showroom


For this assignment, we used Adobe Photoshop. At first we used the rectangle marquee tool and initiated a fixed size for the rectangle marker. We used the paint bucket and filled it with black. With the first size we made a big rectangle noted in the website, http://www.photoshop-plus.co.uk/2011/09/21/learn-how-to-create-your-very-own-showcase-room/#more-648. We then used the ruler tool and made guide lines. For each of these rectangles make a copy of the layer and delete the layer which only leaves the guidelines. You repeat the process for the smaller rectangles. Following the blending options for each part of the room. At the end you should have a room. Finally for the showcase room we have to make the lights. Use the eclipse tool and make a oval on the ceiling layer. After that use the blending options noted on the site and make a in in depth version of the light. After that make a smaller oval then the oval you previously made and fill it in a white color. So far you made one light. Then put all the light details in a group and copy the group two times and now you should have 3 lights. Use the elliptical tool to make 2 more ovals to initiate the shade of the light. Follow the blur options noted on the site. Also, put them in a group and make a copy. Now you should have the full showcase. In this assignment, I learned more in depth knowledge about blending options and how to manipulate images into images of your liking through blending options and filter modes. 
***********************************************************************************
                                                                      27: Brochure 
For this assignment, we used Microsoft Publisher. I just made text boxes and added my descriptions. Also i added images and made the layout of the brochure in my own way. 

**********************************************************************************
Reflection:
Throughout this semester of Multimedia,  I was able to gather a plethora amount of skills. I learned how to use PowerPoint, Google Sketch-up, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop,  and Publisher. I learned how to make images ranging from 3-D in Google Sketch-up to 2-D in adobe illustrator and adobe Photoshop. using online instructions. Also I learned how to make a simple Gifs using animation in Photoshop.
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment